Status: Part Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Finance & Administration
American Stage has an immediate opening for a diligent, detail-oriented Bookkeeper to join our Finance & Administration Department. This motivated candidate will be responsible for processing daily receipts and payments and recording them in QuickBooks, as well as working closely with all departments within the organization to support a range of financial needs. The position will assist the Director of Finance & Administration in a variety of accounting and human resources needs, from recording donations and depreciation to organizing onboarding forms and training workshops. Through these functions, the Bookkeeper will facilitate sustaining a strong financial position for American Stage and help it grow into the future.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
∙ Record and process cash receipts and vendor payments in QuickBooks
∙ Provide initial review for purchase order requests; organize supporting documentation
∙ Reconcile Quickbooks to front-end CRM reports for earned and contributed income
∙ Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and depreciation schedules
∙ Assist the Director of Finance & Administration in preparing financial reports
∙ Track and organize agreements with vendors, production designers, artists, etc.
∙ Communicate with all departments regarding recurring and ad hoc financial needs
∙ Process onboarding and offboarding forms and help orchestrate HR workshops
∙ Other accounting related duties as assigned
Qualifications: Degree in a business field or 2 years equivalent work experience. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Professional attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a desire to learn new things and be part of the team. Excel and QuickBooks proficiency preferred. Standard office hours with very few exceptions.
American Stage’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our programming. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. American Stage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Bookkeeper by March 1, 2019.
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Reports To: Managing Director
Salary: DOE + Benefits
The American Stage Development Manager is responsible for overseeing fundraising operations for American Stage Theatre Company. This self-starter provides the coordination and execution of fundraising strategies and contributed income activities of American Stage. With the support of the Managing Director, the Development Manager will implement fundraising initiatives, including appeals, special events and fundraisers, grants and donor stewardship, maintain database, manage preparations for events and donor meetings and generate reports for team and Board. The Development Manager must present a positive image of American Stage in all internal and external contacts.
The Development Manager will help to strengthen and diversify American Stage’s funding, and will be supported by the Advancement Committee. The American Stage Development Manager will implement a contributed income plan that will include individual donor, corporate and business, foundation, endowment, special events and marketing communications efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Connect supporters with organizational funding needs.
- Champion organizational programming, public relations and marketing efforts.
GRANT WRITING & SUPPORT
- Create and maintain an annual grant calendar.
- Research and write grant proposals.
- Draft grants and coordinate procurement and creation of support materials.
- Prepare grants packages for submission.
- Seek new funding opportunities that match organizational initiatives and needs.
- Mailings, Appeals and Collateral Materials: Coordinate the mailing of fundraising appeals and assist as needed with the development of collateral or promotional materials.
- Generate mailing lists and create mail merges for supporter mailings.
- Utilize Theatre Manager Software to maintain donor database, ensure accurate entry of donations, and for donor acknowledgement process.
- Track contributed income by opportunity and ensure reporting & gift acknowledgement in organization publications is accurate.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and fulfillment of sponsor benefit packages.
- Monitor and track patron recognition initiatives and recurring donation schedules for sponsors and Act 1 Club members.
- Work with MD & Finance Director to ensure consistency between the donor and accounting systems
- Orchestrate opportunities to connect supporters with artistic process
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Implement actions to reach revenue goals both onsite and through ticket sales & sponsorships.
- Coordinate the annual fundraising event, Gala Under the Stars, and additional special events in conjunction with the MD & PAD.
- Assist with all special events from inception through execution including Opening Nights, Inner Circle, Corporate Nights, private parties, etc. Inclusive of logistics for all events, including vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration process and day-of-event logistics.
- Provide support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
- Maintain lead pipeline and follow-up schedule for sponsors and donor communication.
- Prepare donor prospecting and research as necessary.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing site visits from current and prospective funders.
- Cultivate relationships with patrons, donors and trustees.
- Hospitality partner Liaison – ensures both prospecting for new and enhancing existing relationships are supported.
- Prepare and execute contracts for each sponsor and hospitality partner.
- Oversee advancement admin and administrative volunteers for project support.
- Troubleshoot patron needs and concerns as and when needed.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have the ability to achieve results, be solicitous, maintain confidentiality and have a diplomatic attitude. This individual must be able to work well under pressure and have highly-developed writing, customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications skills. Candidate must demonstrate exceptional ability to pay attention to details.
Bachelor’s degree or at least one year of successful fundraising or non-profit experience, including special events logistics, creation of proposals, solicitation of in-kind donations is preferred. Excellent organizational skills and time management skills. Strong database experience using Excel. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Flexibility in work hours, including some evening and weekend work. Strong oral and written communications skills, including a professional telephone manner and adroitness at professional business communications.
Please email cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Manager by October 8th.
Digital Content and Web Associate
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Salary: DOE + Benefits
American Stage has an immediate opening for a passionate, creative digital communicator to join our dynamic Advancement Department. This position is an essential part of the team ensuring community engagement and growth through our website, email and various social media platforms. The Digital Content and Web Associate will serve as the company’s digital storyteller, responsible for creating and sharing compelling stories to engage audiences and raise awareness of all programming. The candidate will be responsible for creating digital content for email campaigns, website, social media platforms and video as defined. The candidate will also support the Marketing Manager with email marketing campaigns and website content maintenance.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute digital content that supports web, email and social platforms based on campaign needs and marketing strategy for all American Stage programs
- Capture and edit digital components for productions and other institutional efforts
- Maintain and update website in alignment with programming timing
- Suggest new ways to increase digital platform engagement
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns and calendar with supervision from Marketing Manager
- Oversee all American Stage’s social media platforms needs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) inclusive of content creation, scheduling and metrics
- Creation of additional content, including videos (animated and edited b-roll), digital graphics, and others as defined
- Coordinate with American Stage volunteers and apprentices to support advancement team functions
- Collaborate with team to search out new stories and provide digital content support for ongoing programs and new initiatives
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers and retention of existing customer base (e.g., promotions, contests and campaigns)
- Conduct data research for audience preferences, current trends and project-specific strategies per platform in concert with organizational needs
- Work with team on marketing needs for external events and community partners as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position requirements include:
- Degree in digital marketing or 1-3 years equivalent work experience
- Strong storytelling and conceptual skills and attention to detail, with a track-record for creating engaging digital content
- Ability to adapt and evolve content to remain innovative and consistent with brand, style, and tone
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: primarily Photoshop & InDesign. Knowledge of After Effects & Premiere a plus
- Experience with web design and maintenance; experience working in WordPress
- Experience of social media platforms and best practices
- Experience with email campaign service providers such as Mail Chimp
- Experience with photo, video and audio editing software a plus
- Strong design sensibilities; ability to expand on existing design template where necessary for social platforms. Creation of new templates when applicable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple departments to effectively present campaigns and strategies
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to track and analyze metrics and data reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and campaign effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous projects from development to completion
- A great candidate is enthusiastic and passionate about the arts, digital technology
- Some night and weekend work is required based on event or deadline needs
Submit a letter of interest, resume and salary range considerations in a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17, 2018.
If you are a performer, we encourage you to check our Auditions tab.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer tab.
American Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. American Stage does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.