Marketing Communications Coordinator
Status: Full Time / Regular / Exempt
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Salary: DOE + Benefits
American Stage has an immediate opening for a passionate communicator to join our dynamic Advancement Team. The candidate will be responsible for handling correspondence, both internal and external, along with the coordination and fulfillment of content for marketing and fundraising campaigns inclusive of print, direct mail, email, website, and social media platforms as defined.
This position is an essential part of the Advancement Team. The Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring messaging, community engagement, and growth objectives are met through effective content distribution and ensuring brand standards are maintained through communication vehicles.
Top candidates for consideration will have exceptional communication, organization, research, coordination and time management skills. This self-starter will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving capabilities and meticulous attention to detail. Must be able to work well under pressure with highly-developed writing and interpersonal/verbal communications skills and present a positive image of American Stage in all internal and external contacts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, schedule and distribute content for defined campaigns across
American Stage’s website, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr), email marketing campaigns and print collateral to maintain accuracy and brand standards while meeting deadlines as defined by the team.
- Manage interactive marketing outlets for the venue, e.g. email distribution lists, point of purchase displays for box office and lobby.
- Assist in public relations efforts such as media releases, story pitches, media appearances and interviews.
- Implement operational initiatives for targeted prospects e.g., promotions, appeals and campaigns.
- Work with community partners for both external and internal events.
- Coordinate with other departments to secure images and copy points for upcoming programming and promotions.
- Collaborate with team to search out new stories and provide content support through the suite of American Stage’s communication channels for ongoing programs.
- Maintain calendar for upcoming events for the AS website and external calendars.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Gather reporting and metrics on promotions, appeals and campaigns.
- Conduct data research for audience preferences, current trends and project-specific strategies, per platform, inclusive of surveys and online feedback/review requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related (preferred).
- Two years of experience in content management, creative writing, advertising concepts, and media negotiations. (preferred)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with web maintenance; experience working in WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- Ability to adapt and evolve content to remain innovative and consistent with brand, style, and tone.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills including a professional telephone manner and adroitness at professional business communications.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret strategies and consumer behavior.
- Ability to track analytics reports to gain insight into traffic, demographics, and effectiveness, extract data and convert it into meaningful analysis in a user-friendly format
- Some night and weekend work is required
If you are a performer, we encourage you to check our Auditions tab.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer tab.
American Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. American Stage does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.