Health and Safety Protocols
At American Stage, the health and safety of our audiences, staff, volunteers and artists is of the utmost importance. To help ensure a safe environment for all as we return to in-person programming, the following protocols will be implemented until further notice*.
*Protocols are subject to change as the CDC’s health and safety guidelines are updated. Updated September 8, 2021.
- All performances will have a reduced capacity audience.
- Masks are required for all attendees, staff and volunteers before, during and after the performance. The performance will be paused if a patron removes their mask and until they replace it.
- Concessions will be available before the show and at intermission, but all food and drinks must remain in the lobby.
- All attendees and volunteers will be given a temperature check when entering the building. Any person with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be admitted to the performance and can exchange their ticket for another show.
- Social distancing is necessary when in the lobby and other areas.
- Staggered seating will be used to enter and exit the theater.
- Due to our agreements with the Actors Equity union, there is no interaction with artists permitted.
- In order to allow for further distancing between the actors and the audience, the first row of the house will be available only to accommodate ADA accessible seating.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to patrons.
- American Stage staff will adhere to all measures in our Safety Plan.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that has the potential to result in serious illness or even death. By visiting American Stage’s events and programming at Raymond James Theatre, Williams Park, The Factory St. Pete and other locations, you voluntarily assume all risks associated with COVID-19 exposure. All patrons are required to follow the communicated safety procedures and guidelines or risk being asked to leave. Those who refuse to comply will not be admitted to the event.
By attending American Stage events, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless American Stage, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. This release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of American Stage, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any American Stage event. By attending this event you acknowledge that American Stage has made a reasonable and good-faith effort to comply with authoritative or controlling government-issued health standards or guidance, that are in place on the event date, related to COVID-19 safety.