Health and Safety Protocols
At American Stage, the health and safety of our audiences, staff, volunteers and artists is of the utmost importance. To help ensure a safe environment for all as we return to in-person programming, the following protocols will be implemented until further notice*.
*Protocols are subject to change as the CDC’s health and safety guidelines are updated. Updated November 22, 2021.
- All patrons aged 5 and older attending a performance or event indoors must show one of the following three options:
- A negative PCR COVID-19 test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 72 hours before the time of their performance. OR
- A negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 24 hours prior to the time of their performance. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry. OR
- If patrons prefer, CDC or other official vaccination record showing the patrons are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least 14 days since the final dose) may be voluntarily presented at the door as an acceptable alternative to negative COVID-19 test results.
- Both physical and electronic presentation of documents will be accepted. Photo identification must accompany the presentation of all documents.
- In accordance to AEA guidelines all patrons over age 5 regardless of vaccination/testing status must wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times. However in the lobby masks can be removed only to eat and drink.
- Protocols will be revisited and may be revised based on CDC guidance and the evolving circumstances of the pandemic, including use of additional screening protocols.
American Stage has also put into place the following safety measures:
- American Stage is home to a fully vaccinated team of staff, volunteers, cast, crew and creatives.
- For safety, all staff and volunteers interacting with patrons will be masked.
- The theatre and lobby will be sanitized prior to each performance.
- All air handlers have been optimized for maximum air circulation and increased filtration.
- In order to allow for further distancing between the actors and the audience, the first row of the house will be available only to accommodate ADA accessible seating.
- All performances will have a reduced capacity audience.
- Concessions will be available before the show and at intermission, but all food and drinks must remain in the lobby.
- Social distancing is necessary when in the lobby and other areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to patrons.
- American Stage staff will adhere to all measures in our Safety Plan.
Should you have any questions regarding these protocols, please reach out to the American Stage Box Office at 727-823-7529 Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your ongoing support and flexibility as we work toward safely welcoming you back to live performances!
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that has the potential to result in serious illness or even death. By visiting American Stage’s events and programming at Raymond James Theatre, Williams Park, The Factory St. Pete and other locations, you voluntarily assume all risks associated with COVID-19 exposure. All patrons are required to follow the communicated safety procedures and guidelines or risk being asked to leave. Those who refuse to comply will not be admitted to the event.
By attending American Stage events, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless American Stage, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. This release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of American Stage, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any American Stage event. By attending this event you acknowledge that American Stage has made a reasonable and good-faith effort to comply with authoritative or controlling government-issued health standards or guidance, that are in place on the event date, related to COVID-19 safety.