JOB DESCRIPTION – DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting fundraising operations for American Stage Theatre Company. This self-starter provides administrative support for the office for fundraising initiatives, including appeals, annual fundraising events, grants and donor stewardship. Maintain database, manage preparations for events and donor meetings and generate reports for team and Board. Present a positive image of American Stage in all internal and external contacts.
Reports to: Development Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SPONSOR AND DONOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Cultivate relationships with Board Members, Donors and Patrons
- Maintain donor database integrity and accuracy and donor acknowledgement process by utilizing Theatre Manager Software.
- Enter monies that come into the administrative office, including donations, earned revenue through special events, in-kind donations.
- Create, update and maintain patron files.
- Prepare all donor acknowledgement letters and assist in creating effective letter templates for donor communication.
- Mailings, Appeals and Collateral Materials: Coordinate the mailing of fundraising appeals and assist as needed with the development of collateral or promotional materials. Also, generate mailing lists and create mail merges for supporter mailings.
- Run donor reports as assigned and support gift acknowledgement in organization publications, including Donor Honor Roll.
- Troubleshoot patron complaints as and when needed.
- Provide support to organizational public relations and marketing efforts.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES COMMUNICATION
- Prepare board notebook materials
- Send meeting reminders for board and committee functions
- Set up and breakdown board meetings
- Prepare room request reservations and work orders
- Act as liaison with SPC as and when needed
SALES SUPPORT FOR DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain Lead Pipeline and Follow-up Schedule for Sponsors and Donor Communication.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing site visits from current and prospective funders.
- Prepare donor prospecting and research as necessary.
- Assist with preparation of donor/prospect profiles maintaining confidentiality.
- Schedule appointments for Development Director to speak with individual, corporate, foundation and business partner donors.
- Prepare and execute contracts for each sponsors and restaurant partners.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of sponsor benefit packages.
- Monitor and track Patron Recognition initiatives and recurring donation schedules, such as 229 Club and Century Cycle members.
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate the annual fundraising event, Gala Under the Stars, and additional special events in conjunction with the Development Director.
- Assist with all special events from inception through execution and clean up including Opening Nights, Major Donor Events, Corporate Nights, private parties, etc. Inclusive of logistics for all events, including vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration process and day-of-event logistics
- Provide support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
- Create and maintain an annual grant calendar
- Research and write grant proposals as necessary
- Draft grants and/or assist with putting together support materials
- Prepare grants packages for submission
- Prepare purchase orders and invoices
- Work with Development Director to ensure consistency between the donor and accounting systems.
- Assist with management of annual budget expenses and revenue data entry with Excel
- Prepare all requests for donations; prepare and track ticket comps
- Perform general office and administrative duties, including answering phone, taking messages, and directing callers to appropriate staff for follow up
This is a small development department, and it is critical that the Development Associate be willing to jump in, learn quickly and go the extra mile. The ideal candidate must have the ability to maintain confidentiality, be solicitous and have
a diplomatic attitude.
This individual must be able to work well under pressure and have highly-developed writing, customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications skills. Candidate must demonstrate exceptional ability to pay attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least one year of successful fundraising or non-profit experience, including special events logistics, creation of proposals, solicitation of in-kind donations is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong database experience using Excel. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexibility in work hours, including some evening and weekend work
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including a professional telephone manner and adroitness at professional business communications.
Please email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com
PRODUCING ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Type & Rate: Competitive
Application Deadline: September 12, 2014
American Stage Theatre Company is seeking a Producing Artistic Director to provide both artistic and organizational leadership in a manner that engages the staff, artists, donors and the community. This leader will consult as appropriate to select and produce plays, identify and select artistic talent, engage with donors and the community, provide fundraising leadership and support, offer direction on educational and outreach activities, set organizational goals and priorities and develop fiscally sound budgets. In addition to four or more years as an Artistic Director, or its equivalent, the candidate should have experience in fundraising and demonstrated business acumen. The candidate should be comfortable dealing with all constituencies and bring vision, charisma and energy to the role. Please send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or email queries, please. American Stage Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We also have an exciting opportunity for volunteers called our Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program. Read the full description below.
are proud to announce their
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program
Our theatres have joined forces to help spread the word about
the great programming happening
at freeFall and American Stage through our local neighborhoods.
We are seeking 20 volunteers to be a part of this initiative.
Here’s how you can help:
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors
Responsibilities: Seeking volunteers to donate 2 – 4 hours of time per month to help build relationships and distribute posters/flyers for the following neighborhood areas: Downtown St. Pete, 4th St., Grand Central and West Central Ave., Gulfport, Tyrone, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater/Clearwater Beach, and Tampa.
- Talk it up with a smile! Ambassadors will be responsible for developing relationships with business owners where we currently display posters and flyers for a specific neighborhood designation and suggest any new locations that may be a fit for our program.
- Deliver posters and print materials for upcoming productions of freeFall and American Stage. Ambassadors will deliver materials within a prescribed period of days and will advise in advance if not able to do so. Other ambassadors may be asked to fill in as needed.
- Update the Neighborhood Ambassador Location list on our internet shared site with what materials provided to business and time of drop.
- Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors can expect a training session to learn the process, responsibilities and rewards of being an ambassador.
- Each ambassador will receive an ID card that will provide eligibility to attend one performance of any production at both freeFall and American Stage. Seating arrangements will be scheduled through each theater’s box office. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Each ambassador’s ID card will also provide discounts for additional ticket purchases from freeFall and American Stage. (additional discount guidelines may vary by production and theatre.)
Interested Volunteers should have the following characteristics/skills:
- Dependable and able to build enthusiastic relationships with the owners of the businesses where we display materials. Willing to volunteer 2 to 4 hours per month
- Willing to provide own transportation, gas and occasional parking
Moderate Physical activity required for this role
- Basic computer skills are required and familiarity with social media such as Facebook is helpful.
How to apply:
Interested Volunteers please email email@example.com with your contact information and neighborhood area(s) of preference.