American Stage Theatre Company, Tampa Bay's most award-winning professional theatre, is announcing Non-Equity Auditions for their 28th annual School Tour Production, TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING. Auditions will be on Thursday, August 22nd from 10am-2pm. Actors need to prepare 2 contrasting monologues, one of which is comedic.
Seeking two males and two females. One of the actors will also serve as the tour manager. Actors must be available during daytime hours Mondays-Fridays and select Saturdays. Complimentary Master classes with experienced professionals working on our Mainstage shows will also be available to tour actors.
Length of contract: 10 weeks
Rehearsals: September 9 - September 13
Tour: September 16 - November 22.
Pay: $200/week for actors and $375/week for 1 actor/tour manager.
Interested actors should contact Meg Heimstead, Director of Education, immediately at email@example.com to schedule an audition appointment.
American Stage Theatre operates as a 501-(C)3, and has been providing live theatrical performances as a professional regional equity theatre in the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida, for 34 years. American Stage presents its Mainstage Series in the 182-seat Raymond James Theatre year round and the annual American Stage in the Park each Spring.
The mission of American Stage is to create the most satisfying live theatre in the Tampa Bay area, accessible to all members of our community. The vision is to preserve the greatest human stories from our past, while creating the most defining stories and storytelling of our time.
We also have an exciting opportunity for volunteers called our Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program. Read the full description below.
are proud to announce their
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program
Our theatres have joined forces to help spread the word about
the great programming happening
at freeFall and American Stage through our local neighborhoods.
We are seeking 20 volunteers to be a part of this initiative.
Here’s how you can help:
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors
Responsibilities: Seeking volunteers to donate 2 – 4 hours of time per month to help build relationships and distribute posters/flyers for the following neighborhood areas: Downtown St. Pete, 4th St., Grand Central and West Central Ave., Gulfport, Tyrone, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater/Clearwater Beach, and Tampa.
- Talk it up with a smile! Ambassadors will be responsible for developing relationships with business owners where we currently display posters and flyers for a specific neighborhood designation and suggest any new locations that may be a fit for our program.
- Deliver posters and print materials for upcoming productions of freeFall and American Stage. Ambassadors will deliver materials within a prescribed period of days and will advise in advance if not able to do so. Other ambassadors may be asked to fill in as needed.
- Update the Neighborhood Ambassador Location list on our internet shared site with what materials provided to business and time of drop.
- Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors can expect a training session to learn the process, responsibilities and rewards of being an ambassador.
- Each ambassador will receive an ID card that will provide eligibility to attend one performance of any production at both freeFall and American Stage. Seating arrangements will be scheduled through each theater’s box office. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Each ambassador’s ID card will also provide discounts for additional ticket purchases from freeFall and American Stage. (additional discount guidelines may vary by production and theatre.)
Interested Volunteers should have the following characteristics/skills:
- Dependable and able to build enthusiastic relationships with the owners of the businesses where we display materials. Willing to volunteer 2 to 4 hours per month
- Willing to provide own transportation, gas and occasional parking
Moderate Physical activity required for this role
- Basic computer skills are required and familiarity with social media such as Facebook is helpful.
How to apply:
Interested Volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and neighborhood area(s) of preference.