PRODUCING ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Type & Rate: Competitive
Application Deadline: September 12, 2014
American Stage Theatre Company is seeking a Producing Artistic Director to provide both artistic and organizational leadership in a manner that engages the staff, artists, donors and the community. This leader will consult as appropriate to select and produce plays, identify and select artistic talent, engage with donors and the community, provide fundraising leadership and support, offer direction on educational and outreach activities, set organizational goals and priorities and develop fiscally sound budgets. In addition to four or more years as an Artistic Director, or its equivalent, the candidate should have experience in fundraising and demonstrated business acumen. The candidate should be comfortable dealing with all constituencies and bring vision, charisma and energy to the role. Please send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. No phone calls or email queries, please. American Stage Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We also have an exciting opportunity for volunteers called our Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program. Read the full description below.
are proud to announce their
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program
Our theatres have joined forces to help spread the word about
the great programming happening
at freeFall and American Stage through our local neighborhoods.
We are seeking 20 volunteers to be a part of this initiative.
Here’s how you can help:
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors
Responsibilities: Seeking volunteers to donate 2 – 4 hours of time per month to help build relationships and distribute posters/flyers for the following neighborhood areas: Downtown St. Pete, 4th St., Grand Central and West Central Ave., Gulfport, Tyrone, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater/Clearwater Beach, and Tampa.
- Talk it up with a smile! Ambassadors will be responsible for developing relationships with business owners where we currently display posters and flyers for a specific neighborhood designation and suggest any new locations that may be a fit for our program.
- Deliver posters and print materials for upcoming productions of freeFall and American Stage. Ambassadors will deliver materials within a prescribed period of days and will advise in advance if not able to do so. Other ambassadors may be asked to fill in as needed.
- Update the Neighborhood Ambassador Location list on our internet shared site with what materials provided to business and time of drop.
- Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors can expect a training session to learn the process, responsibilities and rewards of being an ambassador.
- Each ambassador will receive an ID card that will provide eligibility to attend one performance of any production at both freeFall and American Stage. Seating arrangements will be scheduled through each theater’s box office. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Each ambassador’s ID card will also provide discounts for additional ticket purchases from freeFall and American Stage. (additional discount guidelines may vary by production and theatre.)
Interested Volunteers should have the following characteristics/skills:
- Dependable and able to build enthusiastic relationships with the owners of the businesses where we display materials. Willing to volunteer 2 to 4 hours per month
- Willing to provide own transportation, gas and occasional parking
Moderate Physical activity required for this role
- Basic computer skills are required and familiarity with social media such as Facebook is helpful.
How to apply:
Interested Volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and neighborhood area(s) of preference.