Join American Stage’s Travel Trippers for a five-night trip to experience the best theatre in North America in a picturesque Canadian town on the shores of Lake Ontario. The trippers will head to the The Shaw Festival at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario on July 27 – Aug. 1, 2020.
“The Shaw Festival and Niagara-on-the-Lake just get better and better every year. This is one trip you do not want to miss.” – Tom Block, American Stage General Manager and Lead Tripper
Here are three of the most exciting things travelers can look forward to on this trip:
1: Five amazing plays, including two by Stephen Sondheim
You’ll see five of some of the best shows around! They are:
- ASSASSINS – With music that spans the lifetime of the United States, Stephen Sondheim, master of the modern musical, creates a carnival show in which nine assassins or would-be assassins tell their stories.
- FLUSH – Based on the novella of the same name by Virginia Woolf, FLUSH is about a dog who captivated poet Elizabeth Barrett and gives his humorous biography as one of America’s greatest cocker spaniels.
- GYPSY – Follow the extraordinary story of famous striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee in Stephen Sondheim’s timeless musical about sex, power and longing, which includes such classics as “Let Me Entertain You” and “Everything’s Coming Up Roses.”
- THE PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD – A comic masterpiece of the Irish literary renaissance, the show’s protagonist is a murderer who walks into a bar after killing his father and is greeted as a welcome relief from the monotony of this wild-west Irish town.
- SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE RAVEN’S CURSE – When a much-loved uncle dies under mysterious circumstances, everyone’s favorite detective must revisit the scenes – and loves – of his youth.
2: Vacation in picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake
If you’ve never been to Niagara-on-the-Lake, we’re sure you’ll be enchanted with the unique shops, lovely parks and excellent restaurants. We’ll spend five nights in the center of Niagara-on-the-Lake at the welcoming, four-star Prince of Wales Hotel – an English classic.
3: You’ll be in the heart of Wine Country!
There are still spots available for this incredible trip! To find out more about our Travel Trippers and about how to book this trip, visit americanstage.org/travel.
Already booked? Invite your friends to join you on this trip while making new ones.