Teen Summer Institute 2017
The American Stage Teen Summer Institute will give you the confidence and skills needed to excel onstage and beyond! We have a variety of summer programs led by working, professional artists that will bolster your breadth of performance experience and enhance your creativity. Training is customized to each student’s current abilities. Students new to acting will be given the tools needed to develop a solid foundation, while those with previous experience will be challenged to move to the next level. Sign up for the Teen Summer Institute and have an enriching summer filled with new discoveries and opportunities to enhance your performance skills!
“It was an amazing and inspiring learning experience.” -Teen Summer Institute student
“It is a very fun, interactive experience. I learned so much about acting and was taught by wonderful teachers. I met great people that I hope to stay in touch with. Everything is professional and we were treated like the young adults we are.” -Teen Summer Institute student
“I’ve been attending summer programs at American Stage for 9 years. Within these years, American Stage has taught me so many things. I’ve learned what being in the acting profession truly means, how to go about doing that, and how acting changes lives.” -Teen Summer Institute student
Teen Summer Institute students are in upcoming grades 9-12.
- The Teen Summer Institute meets Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm.
- Each session culminates in a final showcase performance at 6:15pm on the last day of the session*
- The Teen Summer Institute will be held at First Presbyterian Church in downtown St. Petersburg – 701 Beach Drive NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
- Summer Camp and Teen Summer Institute Policies and FAQs
- 1 week sessions are $215.
- 2 week sessions are $385.
- The 3-week Musical Theatre session is $570.
- A $25 discount is available for the 2nd child enrolled in the family. Call the Education Department to register 727-823-1600 x204.
- A 10% discount is available for Military family members and Teachers (with ID). Call the Education Department to register 727-823-1600 x204.
- Financial Aid applications are due by APRIL 18th, 2017.
With the Support of Creative Pinellas and the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners.
For more information or if you are having problems enrolling online, contact the Education Department at
727-823-1600 x 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.