Travel with the Trippers
START SPREADIN’ THE NEWS...
AMERICAN STAGE’S FAMOUS NEW YORK TRIP
THE DATES: MARCH 26-30, 2014
HERE’S THE EXCITING PLAN:
- We fly nonstop to New York.
- We’re met by our trusty bus to transport us to the newly renovated SOFITEL, 45th St. off 5th Avenue near all the shops! (The bus will be with us during the entire trip for transporting to theatres and all events.) The 4-star Sofitel has walk-in showers and tubs and an excellent restaurant where we will enjoy a fabulous breakfast daily.
- We see four outstanding performances
- We visit the New York Historical Society with a guided tour of the James Audubon show followed by a group lunch.
- We enjoy an excellent Sunday brunch together.
- We enjoy a festive group dinner.
The four days we are there will be filled with THEATRE, the main reason we go to New York! Shows we are considering in this especially promising season:
- Beautiful: the Carole King Musical
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder, a new musical comedy starring Jefferson Mayes
- Bullets Over Broadway, Woody Allen’s adaptation of his 1994 crime-comedy film directed by Susan Stroman
- The Bridges of Madison County, a new musical based on the best-selling novel starring Kelly O’Hara and directed by Bartlett Sher
- Act One, the world premier of James Lapine’s adaptation of playwright/director Moss Hart’s 1959 best-selling autobiography
- After Midnight, a musical celebration of Duke Ellington’s years at Harlem’s famed Cotton Club featuring the renowned Lincoln Center Jazz All-Stars under the direction of Wynton Marsalis.
Here’s what the trip includes:
- Round trip air, bus service from and to N.Y. airport
- 4 nights in a luxury hotel with breakfast daily except Sunday
- 4 great theatre events with round trip bus service
- A museum visit with lunch
- A splendid group dinner and an elegant Sunday brunch
- A $200.00 tax-deductible donation to American Stage
The helpful Tom Block is our trip leader, and your traveling companions are sure to be among the kindest and most spirited you’ll encounter.
FOR ALL THIS THE COST IS $2,768.00. (Single supplement: $750.00)
You may pay this in 4 installments:
Due Now ($692)
January 1 ($692)
February 1 ($692)
March 1 ($692)
DON’T WAIT--THIS TRIP SELLS OUT FAST! If you have questions, please contact Tom Block (727) 823-1600 ext 208 or Tinker McKee (727) 895-4835. Make checks payable to American Stage. Mail to American Stage, Attention: Tom Block, P.O. Box 1560, St. Petersburg, FL, 33731.
Trip cancellation insurance is available. Call BJ at (727)528-8714.
Back to top
American Stage Holiday at The Breakers!: December 9 - 13, 2013
HERE'S THE EXCITING PLAN:
How about making this holiday season extra special? Bing, the popular search engine, named The Breakers in Palm Beach one of the top three hotels in the country for their holiday decorations and festivities. Although we won’t be traveling very far, when we reach our destination, we will be enjoying holiday cheer at one of the finest ocean-front paradises in the world – the five-star Breakers in Palm Beach. We’ll also be enjoying the beautiful displays of decked out mansions and exclusive shopping areas.
On December 9th, our private coach, which we will have with us for the entire trip, will pick us up and take us to Palm Beach. We will check into the hotel and have a nice group dinner that evening. (You’ll have breakfast daily in the opulent hotel dining room). With the coach available, we’ll be planning several activities and outings around South Florida, including a visit to the Norton Museum of Art, holiday shopping on Worth Avenue, and of course, theater! We’ll attend three plays at the area’s finest professional theater companies: Annie, The Lion in Winter, and Irving Berlin’s White Christmas. Additionally, we will enjoy two lunches and a farewell dinner.
We certainly hope that you will consider joining your Tripper friends for another memorable American Stage experience. If you haven’t traveled with us before, you’ll be sure to make new friends, and if you have, you’ll enjoy catching up with the group.
We offer all this for $2490, which includes:
- Four nights at the five-star Breakers
- Breakfast daily in the fabulous Breakers dining room
- All coach services
- Round-trip baggage transfer
- Two group lunches and dinners
- Three South Florida theater experiences
- Guided tours and a museum visit
- A $200 tax-deductible donation to American Stage
Payments – 1/3 due by Sept. 30th ($830), 1/3 due October 30th ($830), 1/3 due November 30th ($830). Single supplement: $700.
Make checks out to American Stage, and send to Tom Block, P.O. Box 1560, St. Petersburg, FL, 33731.
We must confirm our plans quickly. If you want to join us, please call Tom Block at 727-823-1600, ext. 208 or Tinker McKee at 727-895-4835.
For cancellation insurance, please call BJ Lambert at 727-528-8714.
Back to top
OCTOBER ON THE THAMES (SOLD OUT!):
Please contact Tom Block at (727) 823-1600 extension 208 to be placed on the waiting list.
October 8 – 16, 2013
Downton Abbey is the toast of the world, and the Royals are expecting a new baby. Must be time for the American Stage Trippers to visit London again! Here’s what the trip will include:
- Round trip direct non-stop British Air, Tampa to Gatwick
- Seven nights at London’s four-star hotel, The Rubens at the Palace, on Condé Nast’s 2013 Gold List of the top 500 hotels in the world. This is also the closest hotel to Buckingham Palace, and the breakfast and staff are unparalleled.
- Breakfast daily at the hotel
- A variety of London theater experiences. Plays we are considering to include: Top Hat with American tap-dancer, Jerry Travers; Much Ado About Nothing with Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones; Barking in Essex; Matilda the Musical; Once; and The 39 Steps.
- All bus transfers to and from the airport, theaters, and all planned excursions
- London bus tour with guide
- A full-day at Waddesdon Manor (the Rothschild’s estate that includes a tour of the house, the many beautiful gardens, and a wine-tasting in the Rothschild’s wine cellar). We will also have lunch at the estate. This is truly one of the most beautiful manor houses in the world.
- A day trip to Bath, a “remarkably unsullied Georgian city with remnants of its Roman occupation.” Along the way, we will make a visit to Stonehenge.
- Two group lunches and two group dinners
- A visit to a special London museum
- A $200 tax deductible donation to American Stage
American Stage’s friends, Diane Bailey Morton and her husband, Nick, are giving us plenty of ideas to make this a very special trip. Nick is the Director of Operations for a London-based bus company. You know how we do it – we’re always looking for exciting things to add, and we’ll pick the best-available plays that are showing in London at the time, as well as the finest restaurants. This is a trip you will not want to miss! Whether you’re a seasoned American Stage Tripper or this is your first trip with us, you’re sure to leave with many new friends and lasting memories. We always have a grand time!
FOR ALL THIS THE COST WILL BE: $4148 ($800 for a single supplement)
Payments – 1/4 due now ($1037);
3 remaining payments of $1037 due April 15th, June 15th, and August 15th.
Make checks out to American Stage, and send to Tom Block, c/o American Stage, PO Box 1560, St. Petersburg, Florida, 33731.
We must confirm our plans immediately. If you want to join us, please call Tom Block at (727) 823-1600 extension 208 or Tinker McKee at (727) 895-4835.
For cancellation insurance, please contact BJ Lambert at (727) 528-8714.
Back to top
"Another great trip…everyone really had a wonderful time."
"You put together and ran a wonderful trip. Thanks so much. It really was special and I hope to join you again on a future trip."
"Just wanted to let you know that we both had a great time in London. Thank you so much for all of your efforts. From where we stood, everything seemed to go incredibly smoothly… I look forward to joining American Stage [Trippers] again in the future."
"There is no way to express how much I enjoyed the London experience with American Stage. First of all, it was such a joy to be with such a great group of people. It was more than special to have such a larger than life guy to keep us all under his wing. The trip itinerary was most fulfilling and engaging… I really hope I will be able to travel with American Stage again on another adventure."
Back to top
Palm Beach -- December 9 - 13
NYC -- March 26 - 30
Niagara on the Lake -- July 28 - August 2
If you want to join us, please call Tom Block at 727-403-9100 or
Tinker McKee at 727-895-4835.
Support American Stage
Click here to visit previous trips!
Back to top