Ignite your child’s creative voice! At American Stage, we provide quality theatre training in a positive and inspiring environment that gives young people the tools to be fearless, focused, and flexible on stage and in life. Studying theatre arts does not only help students become accomplished and confident performers, it also empowers creative, intellectual, and emotional growth. Our staff is comprised of professional theatre artists and educators. All experience levels are welcome!
– While the first two weeks of originally scheduled Summer Theatre Programs have been canceled for the health and safety of our students and community, we hope to kick off Onsite Summer Camp on June 29th. See below for our Onsite session details.
– The health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance. A full list of cleanliness and social distancing procedures will be available soon.
“Such a fun and inspiring summer!” – Summer Camp student
“I’ve learned so many life lessons that I could not have gotten anywhere else… I’ve learned how to go about life as a strong minded individual.” – Summer Camp student
“This was the first camp I have EVER heard her say that she was sad it was over. She actually hugged the leaders and told me she wants to go back next year! It is such a good feeling as a mom to know you can check the “success” box when you finally find something that fits your child and he/she likes!”– Summer Camp parent
- Summer Camp is held at Admiral Farragut Academy – 501 Park St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710.
- Summer Camp meets Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm.
- Lunch is available for $15 per week. Dietary options available – details to come.
- Each camp culminates in a final sharing on the last day of the session beginning at 5pm
- Pre-Care and After-Care are available for an additional fee. Pre-Care meets from 8am-9am and After-Care meets from 3pm-5pm.
- Classrooms are broken down into four age levels:
- Summer Camp: rising grades K-2 & rising grades 3-5 (Students in grades K-2 groups must be at least 5 years of age).
- Summer Institute: rising grades 6-8 & rising grades 9-12.
- Summer Camp Policies and FAQs
- 1 week-long sessions are $225
- A $25 discount is available for the 2nd child enrolled in the family. Call the Education Department to apply this discount – 727-823-1600 x204.
- A 10% discount is available for Military family members and Teachers (with ID). Call the Education Department to apply this discount – 727-823-1600 x204.
- Supervised extended care is available before and after camp. Pre-care service (8am-9am) is $40 per week and after-care (3pm-5pm) is $70 per week. Daily rates are also available for extended care.
- Financial Aid applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
- If you enroll in an onsite session that is cancelled due to health & safety concerns or policies based on the COVID-19 pandemic, students will be automatically enrolled in the Virtual Camp session for the same dates. You will also be contacted to confirm this change, or choose one of our other exchange/refund options.
For financial support with camp sessions, pre-care and after-care, and/or lunch.