Summer Camp 2017
Ignite your child’s creative voice! At American Stage, we provide quality theatre training in a positive and inspiring environment that gives young people the tools to be fearless, focused, and flexible on stage and in life. Studying theatre arts does not only help students become accomplished and confident performers, it also empowers creative, intellectual, and emotional growth across all ages. Our staff is comprised of working, theatre professionals who have a passion for teaching. All experience levels are welcome!
“I’ve learned so many life lessons that I could not have gotten anywhere else… I’ve learned how to go about life as a strong minded individual.” – Summer Camp student
“This was the first camp I have EVER heard her say that she was sad it was over. She actually hugged the leaders and told me she wants to go back next year! It is such a good feeling as a mom to know you can check the “success” box when you finally find something that fits your child and he/she likes!” – Summer Camp parent
“This program is special for a reason – the people standing behind it. The teaching artists are… the type of people who change lives.” – Summer Camp student
Summer Camp meets Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm.
- Each camp culminates in a final showcase on the last day of the session at 5pm.
- Pre-Care and After-Care are available. Pre-Care meets from 8am-9am and After-Care meets from 3pm-5pm.
- Summer Camp will be held at First Presbyterian Church in downtown St. Petersburg – 701 Beach Drive NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
- Classrooms are broken down into upcoming grades K-2, grades 3-5, and grades 6-8. (Students in grades K-2 groups must be at least 5 years of age).
- Summer Camp Policies and FAQs
- 1 week sessions are $205
- The 3 week musical theatre session is $570
- A $25 discount is available for the 2nd child enrolled in the family. Call the Education Department to register 727-823-1600 x204.
- A 10% discount is available for Military family members and Teachers (with ID). Call the Education Department to register 727-823-1600 x204.
- Supervised care is available before and after camp. Pre-care service (8am-9am) is $35 per week and after-care (3pm-5pm) is $65 per week.
- Financial Aid is available. Financial Aid application is due by APRIL 18th, 2017.