Jessica Jennelle was most recently seen as Ginette in ALMOST, MAINE at West Coast Players. Other roles include THE LARAMIE PROJECT, MEDEA, and LAUGHING STOCK all at St. Petersburg College Arts Dept. She also worked on productions such as PIPPIN and INTO THE WOODS as a Props Master. She is currently studying at St. Petersburg College finishing up her transfer program to University of South Florida.
Get to know Jessica
- Hometown: Pensacola, FL
- Education/Training: St. Petersburg College
- Social media: Instagram: jess.jenn & Facebook: Jessica Jennelle
- Favorite song?: “Misery Business” by Paramore
- What was your first experience with theatre?: Ensemble in “Almost, Maine” in High School
- Why did you want to be a part of the apprentice program?: I wanted to become more involved with American Stage and I knew this opportunity would be a great experience in my theatre career. This program will not only allow me to grow as a performer but as a person as well!
- What would you be doing if you weren’t working in theatre: Probably studying culinary arts or psychology.
- Favorite play: “Hamlet” or “The Crucible”
- Favorite movie/T.V. show: “Train To Busan” & “The Vampire Diaries”
- Who’s at the top of your playlist right now?: Doja Cat
- What do you hope to do after your apprenticeship/ career aspirations?: I hope to finish school and to continue working in a theatre of any sort. I also hope to travel the world as much as I can!
- Hobbies: Hanging out with friends, watching new tv shows/movies, and traveling!
- Finish the sentence: “All I want is…”: All I want is to be happy
- It’s a regular Friday night. What are you doing?: Spending time with a loved one eating fast food and watching Netflix.
About the Apprenticeship Program:
American Stage, a professional, AEA, non-profit theatre company, each year offers an Apprenticeship Program designed for early-career theatre professionals and recent college graduates looking to gain full-time, professional experience in their field. We seek passionate and motivated candidates interested in receiving on-the-job training from theatre professionals and valuable hands-on experience at a highly regarded nonprofit, equity theatre company with a 40-year tradition in St. Petersburg, FL.
Available apprenticeships include Acting & Production, Stage & Production Management, Design & Technical Theatre, Education & Outreach, and Arts Administration. Apprenticeships usually begin in late September and end in August of the following year. Only candidates who are able to commit full-time to the entire season are be considered.