Trenton McFarlane is a Florida native, originally born and raised in Clearwater, FL. He recently graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre Studies and a minor in Creative Writing. Due to covid, he has been keeping busy for the past year by taking online acting courses with the Central School of Speech and Drama and working with the Tota Music and Theatre Conservatory as well as building connections with international practitioners. Trenton enjoys being out in nature enjoying the great Florida weather, reading ancient literature and traveling learning about different cultures. He looks forward to working with American Stage and gaining valuable relationships and experience.
Get to know Trenton
• Hometown: Clearwater, FL
• Education/Training: St. Petersburg College and University of Central Florida
• Social media: Instagram- trentonmcfarlane
• Favorite song?: Kendrick Lamar – “How Much a Dollar Cost”
• What was your first experience with theatre?: A play I saw in college
• Why did you want to be a part of the apprentice program?: To learn how a professional theatre operates and to get on the job training.
• What would you be doing if you weren’t working in theatre?: Marketing/Communications
• Favorite play: Othello
• Favorite movie/T.V. show: “The Matrix” and “Black Mirror”
• Who’s at the top of your playlist right now?: Jay-Z
• What do you hope to do after your apprenticeship/ career aspirations?: Travel/Work/Grad-School
• Hobbies: beaches/nature trails/movies
• Finish the sentence: “All I want is…”: All I want is peace.
• It’s a regular Friday night. What are you doing?: Hanging out with friends
About the Apprenticeship Program:
American Stage, a professional, AEA, non-profit theatre company, each year offers an Apprenticeship Program designed for early-career theatre professionals and recent college graduates looking to gain full-time, professional experience in their field. We seek passionate and motivated candidates interested in receiving on-the-job training from theatre professionals and valuable hands-on experience at a highly regarded nonprofit, equity theatre company with a 40-year tradition in St. Petersburg, FL.
Available apprenticeships include Acting & Production, Stage & Production Management, Design & Technical Theatre, Education & Outreach, and Arts Administration. Apprenticeships usually begin in late September and end in August of the following year. Only candidates who are able to commit full-time to the entire season are be considered.