POSITION SUMMARY -
The Education Associate is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the American Stage Theatre Company Education Department. Under the supervision of the Director of Education, this self-starter provides advanced administrative support for the Education Department with a focus on education classes and events, marketing initiatives, and department related research. The associate also maintains databases, manages preparations for events and processes enrollments. They present a positive image of American Stage in all internal and external contacts. Additionally, the Education Associate will serve as an ambassador of American Stage at theatre and community events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS -
- Provide general administrative support for the Education Department.
- Maintain all office equipment, supplies, and Education Department spaces.
- Process all classes, workshop and camp enrollments.
- Build and maintain all Education related events, classes, and databases in Theatre Manager.
- Create, distribute and track all department invoices.
- Collect and process Teaching Artist payroll each week and track all department related expenses.
- Manage and maintain the Education Department calendar.
- Maintain filing systems both electronic and paper.
- Collect attendance records for fee based programs and follow up with absences or tardiness as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain Education Department social media platforms and the Education pages on the website.
- Maintain, implement and execute new and existing marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain all department marketing databases.
- Design and build all Education related e-blasts.
Community Relations and Events
- Serve as a liaison between the Education Department and the parents, students and teachers we work with.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all department events - lectures, talk-backs, classes, workshops, etc.
- Attend, as needed, theatre events and community meetings and events as a representative of the Education Department.
- Assist in monitoring department programming.
Research and Writing
- Write marketing and social media copy.
- Assist with grant research, applications, and final reports.
- Assist in study guide/play guide writing and research.
This is a small organization, and it is critical that the Education Associate be willing to jump in, learn quickly and go the extra mile. The ideal candidate must be able to work well under pressure and have highly-developed writing, customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications skills. Candidate must demonstrate exceptional ability to pay attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in arts administration/marketing, theatre education or related field.
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms as well as proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher.) Knowledge of Theatre Manager, Photoshop and/or iMovie is a plus.
- Flexibility in work hours, including some evening and weekend work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with the public as well as working in a collaborative setting.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and being able to work on deadlines.
- Interest in theatre education.
- Able to lift 20 pounds.
Please email resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com
American Stage Theatre operates as a 501(C)(3), and has been providing live theatrical performances as a professional regional equity theatre in the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida, for 34 years. American Stage presents its Mainstage Series in the 182-seat Raymond James Theatre year round and the annual American Stage in the Park each Spring.
The mission of American Stage is to create the most satisfying live theatre in the Tampa Bay area, accessible to all members of our community. The vision is to preserve the greatest human stories from our past, while creating the most defining stories and storytelling of our time.
We also have an exciting opportunity for volunteers called our Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program. Read the full description below.
are proud to announce their
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassador Program
Our theatres have joined forces to help spread the word about
the great programming happening
at freeFall and American Stage through our local neighborhoods.
We are seeking 20 volunteers to be a part of this initiative.
Here’s how you can help:
Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors
Responsibilities: Seeking volunteers to donate 2 – 4 hours of time per month to help build relationships and distribute posters/flyers for the following neighborhood areas: Downtown St. Pete, 4th St., Grand Central and West Central Ave., Gulfport, Tyrone, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater/Clearwater Beach, and Tampa.
- Talk it up with a smile! Ambassadors will be responsible for developing relationships with business owners where we currently display posters and flyers for a specific neighborhood designation and suggest any new locations that may be a fit for our program.
- Deliver posters and print materials for upcoming productions of freeFall and American Stage. Ambassadors will deliver materials within a prescribed period of days and will advise in advance if not able to do so. Other ambassadors may be asked to fill in as needed.
- Update the Neighborhood Ambassador Location list on our internet shared site with what materials provided to business and time of drop.
- Neighborhood Theatre Ambassadors can expect a training session to learn the process, responsibilities and rewards of being an ambassador.
- Each ambassador will receive an ID card that will provide eligibility to attend one performance of any production at both freeFall and American Stage. Seating arrangements will be scheduled through each theater’s box office. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Each ambassador’s ID card will also provide discounts for additional ticket purchases from freeFall and American Stage. (additional discount guidelines may vary by production and theatre.)
Interested Volunteers should have the following characteristics/skills:
- Dependable and able to build enthusiastic relationships with the owners of the businesses where we display materials. Willing to volunteer 2 to 4 hours per month
- Willing to provide own transportation, gas and occasional parking
Moderate Physical activity required for this role
- Basic computer skills are required and familiarity with social media such as Facebook is helpful.
How to apply:
Interested Volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and neighborhood area(s) of preference.